Teacher's Secret Stash Box

Happy New School Year!
It is nice to have my daughter back in school because she was getting awfully bored, but I sure miss her and all her help with the new baby!

For our first day of school gift this year, the Princess and I decided to make a Teacher's Secret Stash Box. There are several of these floating around in blogland. They are adorable, something that the teacher can actually use, and I got to buy office supplies! I have an obsession with office/school supplies. :) Unfortunately, the teachers at our school buy all supplies, so I don't get to go supply shopping.
We went shopping at Staples, where they had office supplies galore in several different color ways. There was enough from each pack to make two boxes {we loved our teacher from last year so much that we made her box, too}.

Then I designed a cover for the top. I used the Darling Paper Collection and bits and pieces from the Hopscotch Collection ~ both by Shabby Princess. I unfortunately can't share my completed top with you because of the copyright rules, but I am going to share the template so that you can make your own. It will be at the end of the post.

We had so much fun filling up our boxes arranging everything just perfectly.  I think they were a hit with the teachers! They were hard to give away and I need to make my very own!
Here is the template in case you want to make your very own. This fits the standard sized craft organizer. I made one in JPEG format if you are going to print and trace onto patterned paper, and one in PNG format if you are going to design in digitally like I did. Just download the one that works best for you! If you make a box I would love to see it!

Thanks for stopping by!
I linked to these great parties!

2 comments:

Shan@FamilyBringsJoy said...

This is a lovely teacher gift! Can't wait to make one for my daughter's teacher. Thanks so much!

Diane said...

OMGosh, this is just toooo cute! What teacher wouldn't love to receive this Ÿ Your little miss looks like she is very proud of her mom's handy work. Great job Ü

Post a Comment