Candy Corn Cuteness

We had to attend a Fall Festival at my hubby's Battalion this weekend and there was going to be all kinds of fun and games. The kids were to wear their costumes, but since the Princess is going to be a Southern Belle (isn't that perfect for our first Halloween in the south!) I thought her costume would be to big and bothersome for her to play....plus I didn't want it to get ruined before pictures Halloween! So, after seeing several cute ideas in blog land, I created this for her. It was definitely a hit at the Festival and she loved it!
First, I created the Three Tiered Skirt using a fabulous tutorial I found at Kurky Ideas. The skirt itself was easy and took very little fabric, but I do hate gathering....and there was endless gathering on this skirt!
The endless gathering was worth it though, because every little girl loves a Twirly Skirt and this brought an instant smile to the Princess's face!
I was just going to pair this skirt with a solid colored T-Shirt, but then I saw this tutorial for a Candy Corn Applique at Positively Splendid and knew it would be a perfect match!
Here is a close up of all those ruffles! I couldn't believe I was willingly gathering and ruffling more after that skirt! But, I persevered and love the end result!
Then, I decided that she needed some matching hair bows. I've always wanted to make those fabulous Korker Bows...I have all the supplies, but have never actually made them. After doing a quick search, I used a tutorial that I found at the Ribbon Retreat. These were so fun, but totally addicting! I need to make more before she won't let me put bow in her hair anymore!
My plan was to have her wear some tights, but it was suppose to get up to 80 on Saturday. So, I grabbed a pair of her plain white socks, created another ruffle and sewed them on to the cuff. To cover up where the two ends meet, I attached a cute little bow.
I probably could have kept adding more, but at this point I made my self stop! She was so excited when she came downstairs in the morning to see her Candy Corn outfit. The good news is that after all this work, I think she may be able to wear it again next year because the skirt ended up a little longer than I was planning.

After the Festival, we went to the park to take some pictures of the Princess in her cute new outfit.
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!
I joined these fun parties:

4 comments:

Kate said...

It all turned out so darling! You've been busy!! You can tell she loves her outfit. ;)

Anonymous said...

oh this turned out adorable! What a cute idea! If you have time come link up @ Ladybug Blessings Handmade Tuesdays next week! www.ladybug-blessings.com

Maria said...

What a lucky girl!!

Anonymous said...

I totally LOVE this outfit! I may have to try to make one for our little lady this fall! :) I'm now following this blog! Thanks for all your sweet comments on mine! :) <>< Bree

http://craftysix.blogspot.com

Post a Comment